Whatever your reason is for needing a health, healing quick-fix, this simple power-juice will put you on the road to health faster than you can say ABC.
After traveling for several months, my energy levels were taking a major dip. Being the type of person that suffers from major FOMO, I didn’t like the version of me that was taking one too many siestas in a week, just to function normally.
As we all know, sleep, exercise and nutrition are the basic building blocks to a healthy body and mind, but travelling often creates a challenge when it comes to eating well, especially on a budget.
The Asia I knew from 3 years ago had changed significantly when it came to food. Fresh fruit was not as readily available and the easier alternative was Street Food. Although the multitude of options they offer are delicious, they are not necessarily nutritious. On returning home, I knew my magic cure-all was moments away.
What You Will Need?
1 Apple, 1 Large Carrot and a quarter of a beet-root. It’s that simple.
The “how” is just as easy. Toss the 3 ingredients into your blender and drink. Have one in the morning, an hour before breakfast, and another in the afternoon.
Include this as part of a balanced lifestyle and you will feel the difference. Nutritionists will tell you that the maximum benefits can be measured a month into drinking the juice regularly. The fact that I feel an instant boost may all be in my mind, but the thought of adding raw power into a neglected system, is enough to lift my mood.
If you have some extra time and want to add a little “Nigella” to the mix, try adding ginger and/or lemon for that extra zing.
Awesome Benefits of ABC Juice
- Weight Loss & Energy – Need I say more? This super juice provides high energy while maintaining a low calorie count.
- Detox and Cleans – It helps clean the liver and purify your blood.
- Immune Booster – Strengthens your system to protect you from infection and allergies
- Organ Maintenance – It provides support to key body functions including kidney’s, liver, eyes, heart and lungs.
- Brain Food – It enhances brain and memory function.
- Blood Pressure – It will help calm you by reducing the production of hormones that cause stress.
- Happy Heart – Carrots and Beetroots promote a healthy heart while apples help lower cholesterol levels.
- Balance Digestion – It regulates bowel movements and protects your stomach from ulcers.
- Bright Eyes – It reduces dry, red and tired eyes.
- Look Younger – This nutritional boost also does wonders for your skin. If you drink the juice for a few days, it will have a cleansing effect that will leave you with an even complexion and a healthy glow.
What Nutrients Are You Taking in Exactly?
We’ve all heard that an apple a day, keeps the doctor away, but what are these sweet little power sources packing? The answer is, alot! Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, E and K, Folate, Niacin, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, Sodium, and Manganese & antioxidants. Basically, they are delicious multivitamins.
Your hearts best friend is without a doubt exercise, and the power packed Beetroot. It is enriched with vitamin A, C, B-complex, potassium, iron, magnesium, and copper. Like the apple, they are also packed with antioxidants which help delay the aging process.
One of key components found in carrots is beta-carotene. Beta-carotene converts into vitamin A and vitamin A is the stuff we need for a strong immune system, good vision and eye health, as well as bright, glowing skin. But that’s not all. Carrots offer an impressive collections of vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E and K, Folate, Niacin and Pantothenic Acid. It is also loaded in the minerals department, boasting a mix of Calcium, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus, and Selenium.
There are few things that top a travel adventure, but when you are traveled-out (yes, it can happen), nothing beats coming home and enjoying the simple pleasures we take for granted… in this case, my juicer and a wicked mixture of raw earth.
After landing and catching up on some sleep, and a load or two of laundry, a good dose of home-made ABC Juice is all I need to recharged. This is one of my favorite system boosters and I highly recommend you give it a try.